I've added photos in place of patterned paper from the sketch and instead, I've used patterned paper in a collage for the background, piecing different squares and rectangles together, leaving just a small gap in between, where you can see the yellow base cardstock.
I've used the following 2Craft chipboard items on here;
1. Mini Rulers - I have cut two rulers in half and stapled them on the top right and bottom left of my layout. They have been painted pink and I've used black gel pen to go over the details so they stand out much more.
2. Funky Hearts - I've got two of these lovelies on my layout, with the larger one on the bottom left of the large focal photo, topped with a fussy-cut flower from the MME paper collection I was working with. The hearts have been painted with pink acrylic paint (Kaisercraft - Candy Pink) and I've outlined the inside edges with a black Uniball Signo Gel Impact pen.
3. Hearts- I've used three of these more traditional-looking hearts here and they've been treated in the same way as the aforementioned Funky Hearts.
4. Postage Stamp Frame - I have used one of the medium-sized nested frames from this set and used it as a mask slightly off-centre on my layout. I've sprayed three colours of Dylusions Ink Spray over my page and I've then doodled around this masked image for extra definition. I have then cut off one side of the frame and used this (mist splatters and all) vertically alongside the left of the focal photograph.
5. Number Vertical - This is the perfect border for my school themed layout and the piece that really pulls everything together - a lovely focal point. I've layered this piece on top of ribbons and the above mentioned Postage Stamp Frame length.
You may of noticed I've used flowers on this page (as I'm not a massive flower person)... well in this case, I was so BLOOMIN' proud!!! ;D
Lol, so I decided to make a card using the scraps I had laying about after I'd completed this layout. It's called "Happy Bday" (note the emphasis on the B) ;)
This card is based on the latest sketch (#74) over at Retro Sketches.
I've made my own Cartoon Cutie bees using felt and I've used one of 2Crafty's Doilies - it's been cut into three pieces to decorate the corners. I've painted the chipboard white and then once this was dry, I brushed some gold paint over the top. :)
Well that's all from me for today... have a Beautiful day!!! :D