11.1.14

Beautiful… :)

Hello everyone!  I have played along at Scrap Around The World this month - the mood board there is very inspirational and I simply couldn't pass up the opportunity!

My layout is called "Beautiful Inside & Out"…


I've gone for a pared-back mixed media look for this one.  There are lots of layers and mediums and each layer has been torn and pulled apart to take on a different look.  Basically it's like scrapping backwards - I don't know how else to explain it… Lol!


Some of the media used; modelling paste, watercolours, ink, glitter and acrylic paint.  The title from 2Crafty has been painted with modelling paste, swiped with watercolours, attached to patterned paper and fussy-cut around, outlined with gel pen and attached to the layout with foam tape.


The Picket Fence has been treated the same way - minus the watercolours, and the 11" Viney Page Frame has "the works" applied to it. :)


I've used two Mottled Moths and one Beautiful Butterfly from my store, byChantalVandenberg "as-is", with the exception of the tiny paperclip on the blue butterfly's wing… awww I clipped it's wing… terrible pun I know! ;)

All the bling I've used is from Flourish with a Bling - I've used the Kate's Corner Flourish (cut up) predominantly here.

This is the mood board that provided my inspiration…


I was inspired firstly by the colour palette from these photos… I love the blues and creams with the warmth of the soft pinks.  The lights in the bottom middle photo inspired me with my use of "strings" of bling and the beach was a huge influence with my distressed and worn look that I went for.

The group of white flowers with the black frame inspired me to paint all my chipboard white and why I provided some black framing around my photo (with washi tape) and to the side of my layout (Sharpie marker).  Plus I've even got some flowers on my layout - albeit the patterned paper strip on the right - I trimmed the opposite side of the paper and kept this edge instead. :D

I really loved this challenge and I hope to play along again sooner rather than later!

Thanks for looking and have a lovely weekend!

Cheers,
Chantal :D
xo

Follow on Bloglovin

48 comments:

  1. HI.. This is absolutely stunning, what a beautiful photo to frame on your fantastically embellished layout.. love this.. gorgeous take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow Chantal... this is magnificent .. loving the texture .. super duper awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of thought I can see has gone into this layout, you have done so much playing around with the title & other bits it has come up looking one FABULOUS piece of scrapping . I love this layout x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Your layout has such a fun fresh feel to it! Sweet photo too! So much fun to just look and look at all the fun things you have used to embellish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its Beautiful ! Different from your usual bold n vibrant stlye ,I loved it specially the butterflies and the title..I took time guessing how you must have done it :) !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is a magic page..... such a great photo too. love all your details. ahhh you are a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo sweet! Love the way you've 'treated' the leaf frame, & that picket fence....I always enjoy looking at your layer upon layers......fun!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome take on the challenge Chantal, love love love it. So glad you were able to join in the fun at Scrap Sround the World. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome take on the challenge Chantal, love love love it. So glad you were able to join in the fun at Scrap Sround the World. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.. Love your page, just love all your details, i can look for a longe time and see something new all the time ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowww your page is gorgeous, love this colors and all of little details!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors and love love love love the butterflies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chantal this is just packed with gorgeousness. So love the beautiful photo and the lovely mix of butterflies.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's adorable and your page is beautiful. What a great take on the mood board.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your concept of "scrapping backwards"! I get it, and I think it's a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful! Awesome layering work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the butterflies and the way the title is done. The doodling on it is great! Beautifully scrapped!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A truly gorgeous layout, Chantel.... Love all your different elements and your layers!
    Glad you enjoyed my Mood Board :)
    Thank you for sharing your layout with us at Scrap Around The World and hope you can join us again real soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just gorgeous...and what a beautiful pic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning. What a beautiful photo. You are still the doodling queen in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stuninng!!! Loving the details of the title and the colours. And a BIG CONGRATS on being a master!!! I can not wait to see all the wonderful things you create each month :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Love the layers and all the chipboard and modeling paste.:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a totally fun and gorgeous page. Full of fabulous details and techniques, as is your style, and always high lighting a beautiful photo. Thanks Chantal for joining in with our challenge this month at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely love how you've done the chipboard on this Chantal - it looks so feminine and romantic...totally different to my style lol! I didn't think you had put as much on this LO as you do normally but on taking a closer look there's heaps...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful page! Love your mixed media backround, the leafs and all the butterflyes!
    Have a wonderful day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is beautiful layout Chantal !!!! Lovely photo too!!! Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  27. this is stunning Chantal!! love every single detail!! thanks for joining us at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The pretty tones in the elements match the photo! Love the cutting and frame!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very creative amazing design so beautiful.
    Thanks you so much for playing with us at Scrap Around The World

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the toned down palette here and the gorgeopus layering. That fence is so cute too. :-)
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow!!! Positively stunning page Chantal!!! Absolutely awesome take on that mood board and I love your treatment on the chippies!! Gorgeous photo too ... think this page might be my new fave!! Love it!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous page as always Chantal! Thanks for playing at SATW & Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a gorgeous girl and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Stunning Chantal! Gorgeous pic too! This is fairly tame for you but I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sorry Chantal - that last comment was from me. My son had hijacked my computer!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely gorgeous! I never, ever tire of the awesome, innovative, inspiring details you bedeck your wonderful pages. I always go back and look at the photos a second time after I comment and inevitably spot another detail (of five!) that I hadn't spied the first time around.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  37. Not only is the girl on the photo adorable, you have created a gorgeous page around her pretty face. Love all the wonderful details with which you embellish your pages. Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow Chantal! this is SO different from what you normally create, but it's still got all your trademarks. This is really really gorgeous, seriously love what you did to the chippie pieces. Thank you so much for joining in with us at Scrap Around The World this month!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous page....love the added texture and the sweet photo and fussy cutting! Beautiful! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  40. stunning page , love the colour combination and mood board, great take on challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful and so unique, love the layers x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lovely page Chantal! Thanks for joining in at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Awesome textures Chantal! Beautiful!! Thanks for playing along us at Scrap Around the World!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! :D