3.1.14

Happy New Year! And sharing my 2Crafty Christmas Post! :)

Happy new year to you all!  I hope this year is the best yet!  After all the hullaballoo with my humungous news and my squeakquel (lol) I have yet to share my full post from 2Crafty's blog for Christmas.

This post features 2 brand new layouts and one recent layout, which has been already shared on my blog.  

So before I leave you to my Christmas post, I'd like to say a enormous THANK YOU for all your kind words about my enormous announcement and enormous announcement - the squeakquel - and I promise not to say enormous anymore for now!  LOL!

Cheers,
Chantal :D
***
Hello ho ho everyone!!
Well, not long now 'til Christmas!  To celebrate the occasion, I have 
3 Christmas layouts to share with you.
First up we have the aptly titled
"Merry Christmas"…


2Crafty's chipboard is of such a good quality that you can really paint up the pieces like a mini artwork.

Here I've painted up a pack of 2 Prancing Reindeer using a mix of acrylic paints.  The colours I used were; black, brown, grey and white.  When the paint was dried, I outlined around the inside edges with a black pen to give it "polish".



I cut one of the deer to give the effect of three deer prancing across the layout.  I think they look lovely! 

I have painted the Merry Christmas Title with two coats of red acrylic paint.  If the paint is of good quality, you shouldn't need to prime it first - it will look nice and bright like this. :)


I love these two Lamp Posts.  They have been painted with black, grey, white and yellow paints.  I have started off with the grey colour, then I've blended the black and white in for light and shade whilst still wet.  
Next up is my layout, "Christmas Eve"…


A busy day calls for a busy layout!  Lots of photos on this one - I really am catching up on my Christmas scrapping now, let me tell you!  ;)  
How cute is Ruddy the reindeer?  I have painted him with acrylic paints, outlined around his features with a black pen and adhered cute goggle eyes and a mini pom pom for his nose.  :-)


To the left of Ruddy, I have used 3 Holly Leaves.  I have popped the middle leaf up onto foam tape for a bit more dimension and used 3 red rhinestones for holly berries.


I've inked the Christmas Eve Title with tea stain distress ink and outlined around the letters with a black pen.  I popped a star sticker on top of the "i" and another rounded star sticker has been adhered underneath.

And now for my last layout, "Favourite Time of the Year"…


This layout has been based on the current sketch and challenge at Once Upon A… Sketch.

I've used 6 Holly Leaves on this layout, they look just as lovely spread out as they do bunched up…


I've also used Ruddy again on this layout.  He's a little bit smaller (they come in a 2 pack, 2 different sizes).  He is also a bit smaller because he's been cut in half!  Lol!  Don't panic though, he's back end is on the bottom (excuse the pun) left.  I love the way he "anchors" the layout.  

I've used a full Doily Border on my layout - one long length along the bottom of the photo and a small off-cut on the top left of the photo.  The chipboard has been left raw, and I've festooned bunting flags along these borders for a fun, festive feel.


My title features the Favourite Loopy Font word, which has been painted with a black pearl pen.  I love the dimension that this gives!  The chipboard title has been adhered to the top of the journalling block so the top of the title remains "floating" above the lower layers.  This gives an even greater 3D effect!

Well, I hope you have enjoyed my Christmas layouts for December.  I'd like to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy and safe new year!!!

Cheers!!!
Chantal :)


Photobucket


Follow on Bloglovin

43 comments:

  1. I love all of these! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sooooooooooo gorgeous!! I always LOVE the colors you use and the designs!! LOVING those lampposts on the first one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure looks like you Guys had a very merry Christmas!
    Love your colorful layouts Chantal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layouts are always SO much fun! The detail work that you did on the chipboard is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow...stunning......always love your stuff......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girls are adorable (& getting taller). Happy Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so gorgeous, love all the interesting things to find on your layouts.. you have such a wonderful eye for detail... and I got my masters SM copy today and just want to say another well done on your win.. Your creations are stunning...all the girls have created such amazing things and totally deserve to wear the title of scrapbooking master!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just Gorgeous....all your layout ooze amazing bright colours, attention to details and festive fun photos. Loved reading this post Chantal. Thanks for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chantal these designs are so cheerful and colourful. Love the festive photos you have used and the personal handwriting which gives it that extra special touch.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, bright and happy - as always Chantal. Huge congrats again - can't wait to get the new SM here in NZ (we'll probs get it around easter lol). Your family is so photogenic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your layouts, and how fun oand colorful they are! Amazing work!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous christmas memories... so much fun and colour, love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pages are ENORMOUSLY inspiring....you didn't say we couldn't say it, LOL!!! ANyways, love all the reindeer & that list one is still a fave...your doggy is so cute with the girls!!! Mind, you, the multiple LO...wow! An amazing amount of photos there without looking overcrowded:):) Clever girl:):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many gorgeous things to look at here Chantal. Love how you have used your mists for that pop of colour on your last layout too! Stunning

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun, bright and festive! Love the dimension and details. Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Full of life and colors !!! Very inspiring indeed! I love them all Chantal! ... Happy New Year my friend... hugs.....x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, such fun layouts, love the assortment of glitter, bling, and brads you incorporate!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Many thanks for dropping by to wish me a Happy New Year: here's one right back to you! Hope it's full of lots more gorgeous creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliantly coloured and happy pages that really shout about the joy of Christmas...Fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. AWESOME LOs !! I loved all of them..first one has lovely composition !! You have combined so many photos in 2nd lo ..wonderfully and the third one lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous pages Chantel. Awesome number of photos on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful pages!
    And huge congratulations on your big announcements!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such beautiful and cheerful LO's!!
    I just love all the embellishments you used!
    Hugs, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  24. And a Happy New Year to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such amazing use of color! Love the design with all of the smaller photos. Awesome pages, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful, Bright, colourful and cheery - Happy 2014

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such amazing layouts Chantal, so bright and festive, and i love each and every one!!! There is always so much to look at on your pages and I love the photos too! Simply awesome!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous cristmas layouts!
    I wish you a wonderful new year :o)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! All are so fun, upbeat and colorful! Wonderful way to show the festive celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love looking at all the details. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just the collor you jusing, it makes me happy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful pages! I love the way you painted/decorated the reindeer. Your pages are always very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy New Year to you Chantal! Your Christmas pages are so much fun to look at! All these gorgeous and great details, just fab!! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are amazing! I love the amount of fun details on your layouts that really tell the happy stories behind them. And you are a whiz with chipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the colors you chose, they're so fun! Your pages are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your pages. they are super cute :) Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment on my blog.. it was very nice of you :) Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I haven't scrapped any Christmas photos in ages :(. You've definitely got your Christmas photos well and truly covered though! Wishing you a fabulous 2014 :).

    ReplyDelete
  39. WOW!!!
    Your Christmas pages are FABULOUS!!!!Lovey and stunning work:D

    Your butterflies are gorgeous too:):)

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  40. All your layouts are beautiful! I especially love how many pics you got on your second one. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wonderful layouts! That first one is my favorite, so many great patterns, it reminds me a bit of a quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! :D