25.1.14

My 1st 2Crafty post for the year… the Full Reveal! :)

Hello everyone!  Here is the full post reveal from 2Crafty's blog, copied below to share with you all here, on my blog.  Enjoy! :)

***

My first project that I'd like to share with you is a layout using some small photos from a photo booth shoot at the Show (it's like a big fair, here in Australia).

My layout's called "4th Shot & You Got It!"…


I've focused on my youngest daughter, Heidi, for this layout - as the series of photos tell the cute story about her first photo booth experience.

I have used two Medium Film Strips, cut them roughly in half, painted them partially with black acrylic paint and adhered them around the page as is.  The film strips really compliment the theme of the story in this state. :)


I've drawn over You Loopy Font with a yellow pearl pen - love the dimension this gives - and I've adhered it on top of two frames; the Polaroid Frame (covered with patterned paper) and the Loopy Love Hearts Frame (painted with pink acrylic paint and sprinkled with iridescent glitter). 


I have used the same treatment as the last mentioned frame for the Glasses from the Glasses Set.  I have also used another pair of glasses from the set as a stamp - I simply painted the chipboard with black paint and stamped it around the page (you can see one on the shot above next to the pink glasses and the sticker glasses… all these chipboard pieces blend so well with the "Midway" collection by October Afternoon. :)


The felt Popcorn embellishment is of course made by me and it's from my store, byChantalVandenberg

The next project I have to share for you today are these three retro-style Valentines Day window pop-out cards


I have used three gorgeous 2Crafty pieces for each card - two on the front and one on the inside.  Firstly, for my "Match card" I have used one Juliet's Heart and an ATC Georgian Frame (both cut in half).  Both pieces have been painted and covered lightly with glitter.  The inside of Juliet's Heart has been filled with glitter and bling. :)


Here is a slightly higher shot of the card to get an idea of how they look and stand, and on the inside…


...peepo!  I've suspended a small Chunky Heart over the window - it's been covered with patterned paper and glitter, with the edges being fully lined with glitter using glitter glue.  I used a paper piercer to make the hole in the chipboard and tied it up using twine.  All three cards look the same on the inside. :)

My second card, is called the "Brush card"…


I've used a Heart Charm this time and two arrows from the Assorted Arrows pack. I chose these arrows for their "cupidish" quality - goes great with the whole theme!

 Now for my third card, the "Popcorn card"...


 I have used another Heart Charm and a ATC Georgian Frame (both cut in half).

Now for my final project, a layout inspired by the current challenge over at Scrap Around the World.

My layout is called "Beautiful Inside & Out"…


I've gone for a pared-back mixed media look for this one.  There are lots of layers and mediums and each layer has been torn and pulled apart to take on a different look.  Basically it's like scrapping backwards - I don't know how else to explain it… Lol!


Some of the media used; modelling paste, watercolours, ink, glitter and acrylic paint.  The title has been painted with modelling paste, swiped with watercolours, attached to patterned paper and fussy-cut around, outlined with gel pen and attached to the layout with foam tape.


The Picket Fence has been treated the same way - minus the watercolours, and the 11" Viney Page Frame has "the works" applied to it. :)


I've used two felt Mottled Moths and one Beautiful Butterfly from my store.

This is the mood board that provided my inspiration…


I really hope you have enjoyed my projects for this month!

Until next time, stay 2Crafty!

Cheers,
Chantal :D

Photobucket


Follow on Bloglovin

27 comments:

  1. OMG you really ruler when it comes to details. I can hardly see my fill. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning projects Chantal. You are so talented.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You've been busy. What fun, great projects and I love all of them for various reasons. The first one is just plain fun. And vintage - YUM. And the last one - soooo textured and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness!!! These are all so FABULOUS Chantal...love the colorful elements on your projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ! First Lo is soo happening so many things to look for...absolutely fa..and the cards are so sweet !

    ReplyDelete
  6. That 1st page is such a eye catcher! I love all the doodles, fun elements and pops of color...wow! And then your 2nd page is so so pretty! Again lots of fabulous details!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... Chantal, you are amazing! And all these projects are amazing, too. I love those vibrant colors and fantastic embellishments you used on these projects. Wonderful and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just sooooooo gorgeous!! LOVING those butterflies on that last one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just perfect chantalle/) love your cards too : c)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! An absolutely fabulous first 2Crafty post Chantal!!! Love each and every piece ... you rocked it!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness Chantal! These are all amazing, always love seeing what you have created. Your designs are super pretty! Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such wonderful pages! I particularly like how you used the film strip chipboard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun elements on the top page and I love your handwritten journaling and how it fits in the design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your layouts amaze me. There is always so much to look at..i've been admiring your first layout for ages. Just love all the detail and those photos are wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pages are so chock full of details they are like a search and find book, I could gaze at them for ages. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome projects!! All stunning but I do love the first one the best! Sooo full of energy and fun.TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow. I love all your yummy projects! You work colours and patterns like no other!

    ReplyDelete
  18. absolutely sensation, super duper work all of these creations x

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW Wee.. Goodness me these projects are super stunning Chantal ... Love them all!... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  20. A super post with gorgeous creations...Love them all Chantal. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are all so fun, love the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous work Chantal. You have amazing attention to detail. I love how the colours pop on the craft background in the first page.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW!!!! I love your style, so bright and fun! Thanks for finding my blog and following along:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your first layout....really fun, fresh and cute! Just fabulous.... Great cards too....the pocorn one is just so cute too....and lastly your layour for Scrap Around the World....it's a gem...super gorgeous in everyway! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. The detail in '4th shot & you got it' is INCREDIBLE! I will learn a great deal from your layouts. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Swoon! What an inspirational-packed post! Love the layered/angled frames, playful elements, and bold, bright, happy colors of your first page, and the soft pastels of your second are outstanding! Totally loving those felt butterflies, too! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! :D