22.6.14

Dream :)

Hi there!

Today I'd like to share on my blog a layout that was created for Australia's Scrapbooking Memories magazine, Volume 16 Number 7.

This magazine contains the first Masters challenge for the year and was sponsored by 7 Dots Studio.

The collection that I was given to work with was the lovely "Domestic Goddess" collection.

My layout is called "Dream", and it captures a rare napping shot…


I have also used some cute embellishments from my etsy shop, byChantalVandenberg and the chipboard title is from 2Crafty.

The ideas that I had published accompanying this layout are as follows;

  1. By using three similar coloured patterned papers for my layout's background I got a harmonious look which creates interest but doesn't detract from the layout's focal points.
  2. Create a funky frame for your photo which not only highlights it but also ties it in with the rest of the layout.
  3. Be inspired by your photo and patterned papers collectively.  This cloud background really suits the theme of drifting off to sleep during the day.
I really enjoyed working with this collection - so, so pretty!!

This is one of those layouts that look much better in real life, but you get the gist of it though at least! :)

Oh and one more thing, I am excited to announce that my shop has been featured in the latest Jot magazine (Issue 6)!  Yay!

Well that's all from me for now.  Have a great day!

Cheers,
Chantal :D


Follow on Bloglovin

34 comments:

  1. Such a fun layout Chantelle.....love the background, so creative! Great photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!!! LOVING the colors and that sweet photo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely page for a lovely picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable page and cool way to get that background to look different!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and sweet, love the photo and die cut clouds!
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Chantal this is just adorable. Those papers are perfect for your cute photo and I love your super-cute embellishments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious pic! The only time I can capture these is in the van ;). And such a cute page, too! So bright and happy and full of life. Congrats on the pub!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning....the whole page sooooo makes that gorgeous photo stand out....& those scallops...YUM!!! BTW...I think I'd better get my a into g....got the 200 followers!!!! And 100 on Bloglovin'....when things slow down.....deffo putting a giveaway up:):)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photo on such a striking layout! Love how you crafted your background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome page Chantal! Love the gorgeous pic and the papers are perfect. Congrats on the Jot mag feature too - woot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you've done with the scallop punch and the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fresh, fun and oh so pretty. The bright colours work so well together and the photo is charming :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is fabulous.. I love the repetition of the clouds and that photo is gorgeous too.. sleeping beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just pure girly delight with the pinks and precious photo. Loving the halved scalloped circles in the background.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your use of color and whimsical designs are always amazing, Chantal!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous LO. Fabulous papers and I love those pink clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your page is whimsical and magical. I love the little pink clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful and so precious! Love the design and cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the publication and your shop feature! Such a cute page you've got...very unique style all your own!

    ReplyDelete
  20. all the layers look FANTASTIC... BEAUTIFUL layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. your style is so adventurous. wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great and beautiful layout!!! Congrats on both the Pub stint and the featured of your shop on the mag!!!! Awesome Chantal!!! hugs...x.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow this is beautiful. The colours and details are excellent.

    Amy
    Stampin’ Stuff Blog

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gosh...what a dreamy and whimsical page! I love the entire composition. Amazing details as always Chantal!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved this whimsical layout so much Chantalle!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable layout Chantal, I love the sweet photo and cute papers :) Also your layering is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a beautiful layout Chantal. Love those clouds and funky frame. Such awesome tips too!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow!! I just love it, the idea, collor everything!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi

    Fabulous and lovely page.Love the backgroundpaper:D

    Your work below are fabulous and amazing too:D

    Have a nice day:D

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  30. thanx for your comment. love your work too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. aww that layout is amazing.. so full of CUTENESS...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a great page Chantal and really love all the little details you add to your pages! Gorgeous photo too! I have been following your layouts in the Scrapbooking Memories and your work is really super! Sorry I haven't visited for quite a while, but time is not always on my side! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! :D