12.7.14

My final post for 2Crafty. :)

Hello everyone!
Here's my last post for 2Crafty, which has already been shared over on their blog.
I shared three brand new layouts for my last post at 2Crafty.
Enjoy! :)
***
...I've had a wonderful 2 years in the team, 
and I hope you've enjoyed my inspiration along the way. :)
 
Now, first up I have a layout using lots of journalling, and a hand painted
 watercolour background, along with lots of 2Crafty chipboard too of course! ;)
My layout is called...
 
 "{This is what school holidays look like}"…


I have used the following chipboard products;
Polaroid Assortment Frames (8 piece pack)
Polaroid Frames (set of 2 pack)
View Finder (small size)
ATC Tiny Hearts & Stars (hearts)

 
I have dressed most of the chipboard with patterned paper, trimmed to size
 using a sharp pair of scissors  for the outside edges, and a scalpel knife
 for the inside edges.  Works a treat!
 
One polaroid frame has been painted and glazed over with a sprinkling of sequins, 
and the view finder has been left raw, machine stitched in a cross.
Some of my other chipboard pieces have been machine stitched too, 
to adhere a little paper message.
The Fuzzy Felt Clouds are from my store, byChantalVandenberg, and are featured in the latest issue of Scrapbooking Memories magazine!  The newest edition of Scrapbooking Memories celebrates our own homegrown talent & businesses (homegrown meaning Australia and New Zealand).  It is an honour for my little shop to be included! :)  2Crafty is also a homegrown business and this magazine edition is a great reminder to us all to support our local businesses! :)
  
The second layout I have to share is a cute school one, called
 "My first day of reception"…

 
I have gone for a bright and floral vibe for this layout, inspired by 
the colourful wall hanging in the photo.
 
I have used the following 2Crafty chipboard products;
Tags (large size, pack of 6)
Flag Banners
Gigi's Flowers (smaller flower, minus backing)
ATC Tiny Hearts & Stars (star)
 

I have "strung" up the flag banners with a faux string, thanks to a black gel pen. :)

I've also outlined all the chipboard pieces with a black gel pen here, as the
 background is quite busy.

All except for Gigi's Flower...


 This flower has been painted red and covered with glitter for a pretty sparkle.
  I love the intricate look that this flower has!

And now for my third and final layout, I have scrapped some
older photos (pre-digital) for a change.

My layout is called
"The Bright Lights of Tokyo"…


I love getting bright! :)  So here I've made my own watercolour background,
much like my first layout - only brighter.  Plus I've added some black inking work too.

I have used the following 2Crafty chipboard pieces;
Tags (large size, from a pack of 6)
Light Bulbs (one bulb taken from the pack of 4)
Chevron Bits (x1)
Assorted Arrows (x1)


I have covered two tags with patterned paper and one has been painted cream.
  I used the three tags like a photo matt for my main photo by layering them
 at angles with each other, outlining around each overlapping tag and then
 cutting around each outline.  This enabled a flat surface to accompany this
layered look which was important for the photo, and to create less bulk overall too.


The light bulb has been coloured with a yellow marker, then doodled around
 with a yellow gel pen.  Lastly, I used a black gel pen to pick up the etched 
outlining, to make them stand out and I also outlined  onto the photo around
 the edges and to create bright light marks.

I have cut an assorted arrow in half and adhered it to the top and bottom right of 
the layout, along the tear line of the watercolour background.  These tie in with 
the patterned packaging tape that I used.

This layout also features the debut of my new embellishment, the Bright Star!


The Bright Star comes in two sizes, in a pack of four and in a mixed variety of bright and funky colours!  It's available in store now.

Well that's all from me, I hope you have enjoyed my 2Crafty projects over the past two years.  I'll be sure to keep using 2Crafty in my projects in the future too! :)

Cheers!
Chantal
xo



Photobucket
Follow on Bloglovin

26 comments:

  1. such delight Chantal ... loveeeeeeeeeeeeee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your watercolour backgrounds are jawdroppingly stunning!!!!! I love how each of your pages tells a story too - can't pick a fav from these I love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Full of life !! Full of happiness!! These are beautiful, happy, fun and fabulous layouts!! You're amazing !! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw these over there ----cannot believe how fast those 2 years have flown.....you've done an awesome job of using their chippy...& these are great showcases of it.....ADORE that top one....but then, journaling gets me every time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on 2 wonderful years of creating with these chipboards! Always fabulous to see what you have been up to!! Lots of inspiration from the last 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow!! These are all amazing! I know I will miss your creations for them ... they are always GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pages Chantal...love all the journaling on the first page...and your little felt stars are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your girls are growing up! So many treasured memories and great presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful bright fun pages Chantal! Love the school holidays page and all the journalling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So bright and fun and I loooove the heaps of journalling, telling the story of the hols. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness me Chantal, those pages are all fabulous! Your journaling is amazing and so neat, too!
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pages!! So bright and love the layers

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, love, love all the hand writing on the soft watercolours on the first one!!! I also love the bright colours on the other two!

    ReplyDelete
  14. they are all so colorful and amazing! I like how you did your journaling on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great set of pages Chantal! My favorite has to be the very first one with the amazing journaling as part of the background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My gosh! These are all sooooo GORGEOUS and full of so many BEAUTIFUL details! What a keepsake to pass down for your children to treasure their memories!! Whew! I love all of them!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful layouts! It is hard to believe that two years have passed already. You really do rock their products.:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So much "going on" on these pages but I'm totally in love with your style! The first is such a fun way to document!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are amazing Chantal! I LOVE that you cover every inch of the page but it never feels cluttered and there is just lots and lots of eye candy to see!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chantal, you and 2Crafty seem to have been together forever. I'm sure you'll be sorely missed! Love these layouts - the first one is a fave. Good luck with whatever you take on next.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bold and beautiful pages! I always love the energy in them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous, love all the journaling and the bright bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!! I do so love your bright and beautiful pages Chantal and you will certainly be missed at 2Crafty!! You always have so much going on in your layouts and there is always so much to see but they are never over done. I absolutely love everything you do!! These pages are awesome!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great pages - so alive and vibrant. I especially love all the journaling on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You will be missed at 2Crafty Chantal..... Your layouts are all Brilliant....bright, fun and Artsy...LOve them all! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! :D